- 16 shrimps (size 20/26), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A few leaves of fresh basil, minced
- 4 cups round slices of chèvre (goat cheese), 1/2-cm (1/4-in) thick
- 4 cups mesclun or spring greens
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- Put all vinaigrette ingredients in small tight-lidded container, close container and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- Put shrimps on small cookie sheet, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with basil.
- Place cheese rounds in an ovenproof dish.
- Dab each round with olive oil and sprinkle with basil.
- Put both the shrimps and the cheese under the broiler for 2 to 4.
- Arrange the mesclun on 4 plates and surround with shrimps.
- Put one round of cheese on each salad.
- Coat with vinaigrette and garnish with orange and grapefruit segments.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!