- 1 tablespoon butter (to grease the dish)
- 4 cups turnips, peeled, sliced thin with a mandoline and cooked
- 2 cups unpeeled cooking apples, cored and sliced
- 1 c. à thé salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (Dark)
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Set the oven rack at the middle position. Preheat oven to 180 (350 °F).
- Grease a 1.5-L (6-cup) ovenproof dish.
- Distribute 500 ml (2 cups) turnips in one layer, then 250 ml (1 cup) apples. Season with salt, drizzle with half the maple syrup and dot with half the butter.
- Lay out the rest of the turnips and apples evenly, season with salt and add the rest of the maple syrup and butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and continue baking uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping golden brown.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!