- 1/3 cup rice wine (sake or mirin) or dry sherry
- 1/3 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups vegetables of choice (peppers, mushrooms, celery, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, Chinese cabbage, snow peas, zucchini, etc), cut onto strips
- Mix all sauce ingredients.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large frying pan and sauté the chicken until golden brown in colour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and bring to a boil to thicken. Stir well to coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve with steamed rice or vermicelli noodles.
Energy: 469 calories Protein: 39 g Carbohydrates: 31 g Fats: 21 g
High folic acid content.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!