- 1 500-g (approx. 1 lb) container of maple taffy
- 4 egg whites
- 1 Pinch of fine salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pomegranates, seeded
- Place maple taffy in a saucepan to melt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour egg whites and salt into the top part of a double boiler. Using a handheld mixer, whip on a low setting.
- Slowly add hot maple taffy gradually increasing the speed setting.
- Whip for 5 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the meringue from heat, add lemon juice and whip for another minute.
- Pour into 6 dessert glasses and decorate with pomegranate.
Serve right away.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!