- 1 Spanish onion, cut in rings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2.2 lbs cubed pork stew meat
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pinches of ground Jamaica pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz button mushrooms
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage roughly chopped (5 cups)
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 bottle 330 ml (1 1/3 cups) of light beer
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 springs of parsley
- 1 spring of rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- Sauté the onion in 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of oil in a large pan. Add garlic. Put into a large pot.
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper and Jamaican pepper. Toss the pork cubes in this mixture.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large pan. Gently sauté the pork cubes until golden in colour.
- Put the pork in the pot containing the onion and garlic mixture. Deglaze the hot pan with the beer. Scrape the pan using a wooden spoon and pour contents into the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the meat is tender.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!