- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 pinch of fine salt
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese, grated
- Maple syrup for garnish, to taste
- Warm milk and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until butter has melted.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks with flour and maple syrup.
- Pour a little bit of hot milk to warm up the mixture, then pour in the rest of the milk and simmer until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Add to the milk mixture along with the cheddar folding the entire mixture with a spatula.
- Butter a non-stick pan and heat over medium heat.
- Pour a ladle of crepe mix and tilt the pan for the mixture to evenly coat the surface.
- Let the crepe cook for about 45 seconds, then fold in half and cook for another 30 seconds. Repeat in order to obtain a total of 4 crepes.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!