- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb Italian sausage (sweet or spicy)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb linguine pasta, cooked & oiled
- Grated parmesan, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and cook onion until soft.
- Remove sausage meat from casings and add to pan in pieces, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
- Stir and cook until no longer pink, but not browned. Stir in milk and simmer very gently, until mostly absorbed.
- Add tomatoes, maple syrup, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Toss with pasta and serve with parmesan.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!