- 3 1/2 oz freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup maple sugar nuggets
- 1 teaspoon Espelette pepper powder
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 slices of prosciutto, chopped
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Add parmesan, maple sugar nuggets, Espelette pepper powder, all-purpose flour and softened butter to a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add egg yolks and pulse until a dough forms.
- Add chopped prosciutto and toasted pecans, and pulse again.
- Remove from food processor, form a 4-cm (1 1/2-in) diameter log and cover in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Cut dough log into 6 mm (1/4 in) slices.
- Place slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 20 minutes in centre of oven.
- Let cool on a rack and serve with chicken or duck liver paté.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!