- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Maple-glazed root vegetables
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small celeriac, peeled and diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup flat parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons 35% whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- For the dough, add butter and water to a saucepan, then bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add flour and salt, then mix to a stiff dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, sauté all vegetables in olive oil and maple syrup for 5 minutes. Add parsley, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin and cut into 15-cm (6-in) discs. Place discs in muffin moulds and fill each with an equal amount of root vegetables.
- Seal each parcel by pinching dough sides together firmly.
- For the glaze, beat egg yolk with cream. Brush parcels and sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before removing from moulds.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!