- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and cut in wedges
- 1/2 cup soften unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Place the apple slices at the bottom of a ungreased 23-cm (9-in) round or square pan.
- In a large bowl, whip 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter with 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple sugar.
- Stir in the eggs one by one beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- In a small bowl (or a measuring cup) mix the milk with vanilla.
- Mix in one third of the flour to the egg mixture, and then add half the milk. Add another 1/3 flour then the rest of the milk and finish with the remaining flour, mixing well between each addition.
- Spread the dough over the apples and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce, mixing 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter, 160 ml (2/3 cup) maple sugar and the cream in a small saucepan.
- Heat to dissolve the sugar and simmer for about 10 minutes until sauce is smooth. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool down in the mold for 10 to 15 minutes, and then turn over on a service dish.
- Serve covered with the sauce.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!