- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 4 rabbit legs, deboned (ask your butcher), cut in small cubes
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 potato, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 rounds of pie crust
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the maple sugar, the meat and the potato, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spices and let simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the filling from the heat and set aside.
- Line a 23-cm (9-in), 5-cm (2-in) deep pie plate with the first pie crust. Distribute the reserved filling evenly, then cover with the second crust.
- Make small cuts with a knife in the top of the pie to allow the steam to escape during baking. Let cool, then freeze it (if you want to serve it later on).
- The day you want to serve the pie, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Remove the pie from the freezer and place it directly in the oven. Bake for 2 hours or until the crust is golden.
- Can be stored in the freezer for 3 months.
Can be kept in the freezer for 3 months.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!