- 12 store-bought, unsweetened mini-tart shells
- 1- 9 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper
- 6 oz Québec smoked trout
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup maple jelly
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated or cut into strips
- 1 tbsp maple vinegar pearls
- Sprigs of fresh dill
- Bake tart shells according to package instructions. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon juice, maple syrup, capers, and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide evenly into the shells.
- Garnish each with smoked trout and cucumber slices.
- In a small saucepan, melt the maple jelly and add the lemon zest to it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush mini-tarts with the maple jelly preparation. Allow them to set 30 minutes in the fridge. Decorate with maple vinegar pearls and dill sprigs.
REFRIGERATION TIME: 30 minutes
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!