- 18 oz pork shoulder
- 10 oz pearl onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (350 ml or 1 1/3 cup) beer
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (Amber)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 5/8 cup bouillon
- Bay leaf and thyme, to taste
- Cooking oil
- Maple syrup
- Salt, pepper
- Cut pork into large bite-size pieces. Peel the skins off the pearl onions, roughly chop carrots and celery, and crush garlic.
- Warm 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of oil and a little bit of butter in a heavy pan. Cook pork. Remove from pan when seared.
- Pour off excess oil from the pan and sauté the vegetables until they are coated with oil.
- Add the vegetables to the pork, cover when this comes to a boil, lower heat, and braise until meat is completely tender. Add salt, pepper, and maple syrup to adjust flavor.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!