- 1 cup maple syrup (Very Dark)
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 peeled pineapple, cored and cut in sticks like French fries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 white marshmallows, torn up with hands
- In a thick-bottom saucepan, pour 60 ml (1/4 cup) of maple syrup and allow caramelizing over high heat.
- Remove from heat and gently add (because it can splash) the rest of the syrup and cream. Return to the heat and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve starch in the milk and pour in a small fillet in the syrup and cream mixture, stirring with a whisk. Over medium heat, allow to thicken this sauce, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Heat a large skillet, melt the butter and brown the pineapple sticks on each side.
- Place pineapple sticks on a large plate, sprinkle with marshmallow pieces and maple sauce. The poutine is ready to taste!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!