- 4 cups baby potatoes, unpeeled and cut in half
- 4 cups parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 5 oz Le Fou du Roy cheese (or a similar Quebec firm cheese), grated
- 1 Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- In a large pan, fry the potatoes, parsnip and garlic in the butter over a low heat for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and leave to cook for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Strain (reserve some of the cooking liquid).
- Add the maple syrup to the casserole dish and mash the vegetables with a pestle.
- Add the cheese, some broth (if needed to loosen the purée), and sprinkle with the nutmeg and chives.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!