- 4 Anjou or Bartlett pears, peeled
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 cups pure maple water
- Using a melon baller, core each pear through its base so the pears remain whole.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring maple water to a boil. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Stand pears in simmering maple water and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes or until the tip of a knife can be inserted easily.
- Remove from heat, let cool, then refrigerate pears in poaching maple water until cooled (about 2 hours).
- Remove pears. In a saucepan, reduce maple water over high heat until syrupy.
- Chill syrup or serve warm over the pears.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!