- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 cups pure maple water
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Sear chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken thighs to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook onion and garlic for two minutes. Add rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring to coat the rice. Return chicken to the pan and add maple water. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand 15-20 minutes.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!