- 1 bottle good dry red wine (pinot noir or similar)
- Zest of 1 orange and 2 lemons, taken off in strips
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Lemon and maple sugar, as needed
- Combine the wine with the zests, spices and maple syrup in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Heat to boiling.
- When mixture starts to boil, turn off the burner and let infuse for 1 hour. Strain the mulled wine then return to the saucepan and heat to boiling again.
- Serve in elegant glasses, garnished with lemon.
Before pouring the wine, dip the rims of the glasses in lemon juice then in maple sugar. Serve maple candies along with the wine. It’s a sweet little touch that tops the whole thing off in style. Infusion time : 1h
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!