- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C (300 °F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a glass and a pencil, trace 12 circles about 7 cm (2 3/4 in) in diameter each.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar with a hand mixer until you get soft peaks.
- Now gradually add the maple syrup and cornstarch and continue beating until your mixture forms firm peaks.
- Spoon your mixture into the circles traced on the baking sheet, then form a well in the center of each.
- Bake for 90 (or until the meringue is golden brown). While it bakes, you can whip the cream with the maple syrup.
- Once you remove your meringue from the oven, let it cool completely before you fill each round with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!