- 5 large potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, in knobs
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Fill a large pot with salted water and cook the potatoes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes and add the remaining ingredients (except the egg and breadcrumbs).
- Transfer to a buttered oven-proof dish.
- Gently beat the egg and brush the potato mixture with it. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Dot with the knobs of butter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!