Maple water marinade
- 2 cups maple water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 9-kg turkey (20 lbs)
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 sprig thyme or fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 stick celery, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups maple water
- 1/4 cup instantized flour
- Heat maple water in a saucepan, add butter and leave to melt. Add remaining marinade ingredients and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Place turkey in a roasting pan and stuff interior with vegetables and aromatics. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill a meat syringe with marinade. Pierce the turkey meat in several places and inject marinade.
- Roast in oven for 4 hours. From time to time, collect a little cooking juices from pan, let cool and re-inject into turkey. Once cooked, transfer turkey onto a cutting board.
- Place roasting pan with juices onto hob and bring to a boil. Pour in maple water, scraping the pan bottom well to collect juices.
- Sprinkle with instantized flour, mix in well and reduce for 1 minute.
- Carve turkey and serve with the sauce.
Cooking time: 4 hours 10 minutes
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!