- 2.2 lbs root vegetables, cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) cubes
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 3 heads garlic, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 boneless turkey roast about 1 kg (2.2 lb), with skin and trussed
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a roasting pan, add all root vegetables, onion, garlic, oil, maple syrup and rosemary. Distribute evenly along the bottom.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir, then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine butter, maple sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Brush this mixture over turkey roast, place turkey on vegetables and bake in oven for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 160 °C (325 °F) and bake for another 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove roasting pan from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Remove string and carve the roast.
- Serve on vegetables and pour pan juices all over.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!