- 2.2 lbs root vegetables, cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) cubes
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 3 heads garlic, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 boneless turkey breast about 1 kg (2.2 lb), skin on and tied
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a roasting pan, place all the root vegetables, onion, garlic, oil, maple syrup and rosemary. Distribute evenly.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir, then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine butter, maple sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Brush this mixture over the turkey, place turkey on vegetables and roast in oven for another 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C (325°F) and roast for another 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove roasting pan from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Remove string and carve the breast.
- Arrange slices on vegetables, pour pan juices over top, and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!