- 1 1/2 lb ground veal
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 bread slices, crust removed, torn into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine veal, green onions and garlic.
- In a medium bowl, pour in milk and soak torn bread until milk is absorbed. Add to veal mixture and roll into 10 large meatballs between your hands.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm oil and sear meatballs a few minutes.
- Add in maple syrup, season with salt and pepper and cook about 3 minutes longer. Remove skillet from heat.
- In a saucepan, bring tomato sauce to a boil. Add in meatballs, cover and let simmer about 25 minutes. Serve on a bed of pasta or in a submarine.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!