- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour or dry cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a casserole, heat the milk until it steams.
- In another bowl, beat maple syrup with eggs for 2 minutes, until you obtain a pale, thick and creamy mixture.
- Add flour.
- Add a little hot milk to the egg mixture to warm it up.
- Then, pour the eggs into the remaining hot milk in the casserole. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes at low heat, stirring constantly using a whisk, until the mixture thickens. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap making sure the plastic is placed directly on the mixture.
- Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Pour into tart crusts or chocolate cups. Decorate with fresh fruit.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!