- 1 5/6 cup milk
- 3 oz maple sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup cream
- Maple syrup (Amber)
- Slit the vanilla bean lengthwise and run your knife along the bean to remove the seeds.
- Warm the milk, maple sugar, and vanilla in a pot over low heat. Turn heat off right before this reaches a boil.
- Beat the eggs and egg yolk in a bowl and add the warm liquid and the cream. Mix and strain through a strainer.
- Pour into a heatproof dish, place the dish in a pan of hot water, and bake for 40 minutes in a 150 ˚C (300 ˚F) oven.
- When it cools down, place in a refrigerator to chill well. Top with maple syrup before eating.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!