- 1/2 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup fine maple sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup 2% or 3.25% milk
- 1/4 cup maple nuggets
- Butter and flour three small 15 cm x 7 cm x 5 cm (6 in x 2 3/4 in x 2 in) baking pans or a 20 cm (8 in) cake pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a whisk, whip the butter and maple sugar.
- Add eggs and continue to whip until mixture turns pale yellow.
- In a large bowl or onto parchment paper, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to eggs, alternating with the addition of milk, and scraping the sides well with a spatula. Stir to incorporate ingredients well, but don’t overmix.
- Divide batter among cake pans and sprinkle with maple nuggets.
- Place pans on middle rack of oven, then set temperature to 190° C (375° F). It’s important to not preheat the oven. Bake 50 minutes or until the tip of a knife inserted into the centre of a cake comes out clean.
- Serve this cake with a nice berry (such as sea buckthorn) coulis or a maple syrup-rhubarb compote.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!