- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons ice water (more, if needed)
- Mix flour, maple sugar and salt in food processor. Add the butter. Pulse a few times until butter is the size of large peas.
- Add the water and mix again until the dough just begins to form in the bowl. Add more water as needed.
- Remove dough from processor and form a 15-cm (6-in) square.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Begin the folding process on a floured work surface.
- Roll the dough into a 46×20-cm (18×8-in) rectangle. Fold the dough in two crosswise (as if closing a book). Fold in half again, the same way.
- Wrap once again in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Repeat these folding steps two more times, making sure to refrigerate for 1 hour each time.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!