- 1 680-g (1 1/2-lbs) salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat barbecue on medium heat. Cut salmon fillet into 4 equal parts.
- In a bowl, combine chives, garlic, olive oil, maple syrup, soya sauce and lemon juice. Season well.
- Baste salmon with marinade and refrigerate for 15 minutes, then grill for 3 to 4 on each side (or until desired doneness).
This recipe works well with swordfish, trout or tilapia. If you inquire at the seafood counter; they will be able to advise you on what other type of fish will go well with this recipe. Remember that for grilling, fish that has firm flesh is best.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!