- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup strong cheddar or a cheese blend, grated
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary or other herbs
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and knead into a ball of dough.
- Wrap in plastic and allow to rest 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F) with rack in centre position.
- On a clean, floured surface, roll dough to a thickness of about 3 – 5 mm (1/8 – 3/16 in).
- Use a glass or cookie cutter to cut the dough into 36 rounds.
- Place rounds on cookie sheet and bake 15 – 18 minutes, then broil an additional 1 – 2 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes and they’re ready to go!
RESTING TIME: 10 minutes
YIELD: 36 crackers or 18 portions
Nutritional Value per Portion (2 crackers)
Calories: 140 kcal
Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Fibre: 1 g
Protein: 5 g
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!