- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 rabbit, cut up
- 2 French shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In an ovenproof casserole, heat oil over medium high heat. Add butter and let melt.
- Dust the rabbit pieces with flour and gently brown in the casserole. Remove from casserole and set aside.
- In the same casserole, brown shallots, garlic and ginger. Add spices and mix well. Cook for 1 minute, then deglaze with white wine and pour in stock and maple syrup.
- Add rabbit pieces, season, bring to a boil, cover and simmer on the stove (or in the oven at 180 °C [350 °F]) for 1 hour 15 minutes, (or until the meat comes easily off the bones).
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!