- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- Soak dried fruits in the water and maple syrup for 1 to 2 hours, or soften them in the water and syrup in the microwave for 1 to 3 minutes, depending on the power of your appliance.
- Puree in a food processor or blender.
- Place in a large bowl, add all other ingredients, and mix with a spoon.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment or wax paper and place the mixture on it. Form a tight roll.
- Put roll in freezer for at least 2 hours. Take out and cut into disks.
- Keeps up to 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Nutritional value of 1 portion (2 disks):
138 kilocalories; 28 g of carbohydrates; 4 g of fibre; 2 g of protein; 2 g of fat.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!