- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pour quinoa, water and salt into a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and add orzo.
- Simmer for 10 minutes mixing occasionally. Strain and transfer into a salad bowl to cool down.
- Add all remaining ingredients for the salad.
- In a bowl, whip all ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Pour over the salad and mix thoroughly before serving.
Cooling Time: about 15 minutes
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!