- Maple shortcrust Pastry base recipe
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour (for work surface)
- Using a non-stick pan, sauté the onions in the maple syrup for about 20 minutes or until they’re caramelized. Salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough into a 46×20-cm (18×8-in) rectangle.
- Spread the onion mixture on one half of the pastry and fold the other half over top of the onions. Cut into strips and twist them.
- Place the twists on the baking sheet and into the freezer for about 1 hour or until the dough is semi-frozen.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Bake on middle rack for about 20 minutes or until the twists are golden.
- Serve warm or cold.
Freezing Time: 1 hour
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!