- Canola oil
- 2 cups popped corn
- 1 cup your choice of mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Brush a cookie sheet with canola oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together popcorn and nuts.
- In a 2-L (8-cup) bowl, combine maple syrup and butter. Use a little butter to baste inside rim bowl and prevent caramel from overflowing while cooking. Microwave 8 minutes.
- While stirring vigorously, add baking soda, then pour caramel over popcorn and nuts. Mix to coat well.
- Immediately spread mixture on cookie sheet, then leave to harden 30 minutes. Break into small pieces and munch away.
Resting Time: 30 minutes
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!