- 8 oz dark chocolate (70% cacao), broken into pieces
- 1 cup maple sugar nuggets
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup whole walnuts (or sunflower seeds), toasted
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Take a spoonful of melted chocolate and form a disk about 4 cm (1 1/2 in) in diameter on a sheet of parchment paper set on the work surface.
- Repeat to create 24 mendiants.
- Top with the maple nuggets, cranberries and nuts.
- Let set for 2 hours before removing from the paper.
- Mendiants will keep in an airtight container in a cool place for two to three weeks.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!