- 1 gelatin sheet
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small cubes
- In a small bowl, soften gelatin for 5 minutes in a little cold water.
- Meanwhile, add juice and lemon zest to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and maple sugar together until pale. Add hot lemon juice to eggs, mix and return to saucepan. Over low heat, bring back to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring regularly.
- Pass cream through a fine sieve over a bowl. Drain gelatin and add to mixture while whisking.
- Stir in butter and continue to whisk until butter has melted. Cover with plastic wrap making sure wrap is in direct contact with surface of cream. Refrigerate at least 3 hours until cream sets.
- Pour cream into a pastry bag with a #5 plain tip and fill cake.
Makes: enough for 1 cake (25 cm /10 in).
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!