- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 big bag of Brussels sprouts (about 500 g [18 oz]), trimmed and halved (quartered if large)
- 1/3 cup chicken bouillon or water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Sauté the shallot 1 minute.
- Add garlic and Brussels sprouts. Cook and stir for 2 minutes to lightly brown sprouts.
- Add bouillon or water. Cover and cook on medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend maple syrup and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Remove lid from saucepan and, over medium-high heat, cook until all liquid is evaporated. Pour in lemon-maple mixture. Stir until all is evaporated. Season generously with pepper. Serve immediately. (If you don’t, the Brussels sprouts will lose their lovely colour.)
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!