- 2/3 cup of maple syrup
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Sortilège*, white wine or apple juice
- 1/3 cup whipped cream
- 2 cups fruit of your choice (strawberries, raspberries, pears, nectarines, etc. )
- 2 tablespoons grated maple sugar
- In a bowl mix the egg yolks, the syrup and the Sortilège.
- Place the bowl in the upper section of a double-boiler. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the water in the lower section of the double-boiler. Heat the mixture on low heat while whisking, until a creamy mousse is obtained. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whip the cream and incorporate into the egg yolks. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Place the fruit in the molds or ramekins.
- Cover the fruit with the maple mousse and sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Place under broil until light brown.
* Sortilège (a Québécois liquor made with whiskey and maple syrup).** Avoid water from boiling in double-boiler so as not to coagulate the egg yolks. The Maple mousse may also be served in dessert dishes, decorated with fresh fruit.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!