- 2 cups maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring maple syrup and butter to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and continue cooking until the temperature reads 118 °C (245 °F) on a candy thermometer.
- Meanwhile, grease and line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove maple syrup and cream mixture from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a whisk, beat for 5 minutes until thick.
- Add walnuts and pour into baking pan.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!