- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- A few drops of fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Beat the egg whites, sugar and lemon juice until stiff peaks form.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture onto waxed paper in 4 large “clouds”. Cook in the microwave for 40 seconds on medium-high. Set aside.
- In a small casserole, boil milk and vanilla.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks and maple syrup until the mixture takes on the consistency of mousse.
- Remove the boiling vanilla milk from heat, then gradually add half of it into the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Heat the remaining milk mixture in the casserole on the stove, and gradually add to it the egg and milk mixture. Stir constantly using a wooden spoon, until the sauce thickens and sticks to the spoon (avoid boiling).
- Let the sauce cool, then divide into 4 bowls, and let each meringue “float” in the sauce.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!