- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 48 small cubes of red bell pepper (for the eyes and nose)
- 32 slices of radishes (for the ears)
- 16 chives stems, cut in 4 (for the moustaches)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, place eggs and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook eggs for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the hot water and plunge them into a large bowl of very cold water. Peel the eggs, cut them in half lengthwise and remove the egg yolks. Set aside separately.
- In the food processor bowl, combine egg yolks, mayonnaise, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Reduce to a smooth purée.
- Using two small spoons stuff each half-egg with the filling and place on a serving platter.
- Decorate as follows: radish slices to make ears, chives stems for moustaches and pepper cubes for eyes and nose.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!