- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt and ground pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup, for its rich flavour)
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 4 oz gouda, sliced
- 1 lettuce, sliced thinly
- 1 small red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Warm the oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cumin seeds and allow to infuse 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Raise heat to medium-high. Once the pan is good and hot, add the mushrooms and brown them, stirring infrequently. Allow any surplus liquid to evaporate. Sprinkle with chipotle powder.
- Pour the maple syrup into the pan and cook 2 – 3 minutes.
- Warm tortillas in a pan.
- Dress with gouda, then portobellos, lettuce, red cabbage, diced tomato, cilantro, and sour cream. Fold and enjoy!
Cooked portobellos will keep in the fridge for 4 – 5 days.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!