- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotles
- 4 225-g (1/2-lb) thick pork chops, cut 2.5 cm (1 in)
- Salt & pepper
- Saute the shallots in olive oil for 4 to 5 minutes, until soft and golden.
- Add ketchup, maple syrup, Dijon and adobo sauce. While stirring, cook gently for 10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for serving tableside.
- Light the grill. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Brush chops with cooled barbecue sauce.
- Grill them, basting often, for 5 to 7 minutes. Turn over, continue grilling and basting for 5 to 7 minutes longer or until the chops are done.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!