- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Salt and ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 680 g [1 1/2 lb])
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the flour in a rimmed plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Break the eggs into a second such plate, beat them lightly and add a little cold water.
- Put the crumbs in a third such plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Flour the cutlets and shake to remove excess. Dip them in the eggs, drain them well, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, warm half the oil and melt half the butter.
- Brown two cutlets at a time, 3 – 4 minutes on each side, adding oil as needed during cooking. Remove from pan, pat all over with absorbent paper, and keep warm.
- Wipe pan with paper towel, and heat the remaining oil and butter. Cook the other 2 cutlets the same way, and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve with the schnitzel.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!