- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup celery, fine chopped
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, pour oil and rice. Over high heat, mix until rice is well-coated.
- Lower heat, then add in maple syrup, soy sauce and broth. Cover and let simmer 45 minutes.
- Remove lid and wait 5 minutes before adding remaining ingredients.
- Cook 5 more minutes until liquid has evaporated.
- Serve with your favourite veggies for a complete meal.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!