- 2 cups maple syrup
- 4 apples
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour maple syrup into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, keeping a close watch.
- Let simmer until a drop of hot syrup turns to hard candy when dropped into a glass of very cold water.
- Meanwhile, insert a popsicle stick into the centre of each apple.
- Dip apples one by one into the hot caramel. Remove excess caramel with a spatula and place, head down, on the cooking sheet.
- Chill in refrigerator or keep at room temperature for 1 hour or so until caramel sets.
Refrigeration Time: 1 hour
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!