- 1 1/3 cup + 1 teaspoon milk
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 1 whole medium egg
- 1 oz Sortilège Canadian whisky and maple syrup liqueur
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, maple sugar, and butter.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour over the flour and salt (already sifted together) in a bowl.
- Add the 2 egg yolks, whole egg, and maple liqueur. Whisk mixture until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap placed directly onto the dough and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove from fridge and whisk again, until smooth.
- Pour the batter into 10 large silicone canelé moulds.
- Bake 15 minutes at 200°C (400°F). Reduce oven to 180°C (350°F) and continue to bake for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Unmould and allow to cool on a rack.
These canelés freeze well.
Resting time : 12 hours or overnight
The Fédération des producteurs acéricoles du Québec is not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!