- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1 cup orange cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and squash in butter.
- Add maple syrup, then stir 1 minute before incorporating milk. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook macaroni until al dente. Drain and return pasta to the pan.
- In a blender, purée squash and onions into a smooth sauce.
- Pour over macaroni, add cheddar and paprika, then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well, transfer into a buttered casserole dish, sprinkle with mozzarella and broil for a few minutes until cheese is golden.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!