- 1 packet of dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Flour, as needed
- 1/4 cup Golden raisins
- 3/4 cup mixed candied fruit
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple butter
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar
- 3 tablespoons powder sugar
- In a glass, dissolve yeast and maple sugar in a warm water. Leave to foam for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, dust raisins and dried fruit in a little flour. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix flour, eggs, maple sugar, salt, dissolved yeast and vanilla extract. Beat for 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a clean kitchen cloth and let rise for about 1 hour (or until the dough has doubled in volume).
- In another bowl, combine maple butter and powdered almonds. Set aside.
- Add the softened butter, floured raisins and fruit, and citrus zests into the risen dough; knead to mix well.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly-floured surface and roll out into a rectangle.
- Spread the maple butter and almond mixture in the middle of the dough, leaving the edges free of mixture. Roll up the dough along the long edge.
- Place the roll on a cookie sheet, cover and let rise for about 1 hour (or until the roll has doubled in volume).
- Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C (350 ˚F).
- Uncover the roll and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix maple sugar and powdered sugar and sprinkle on top of baked roll.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!