- 2 bunches of basil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons maple butter
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Fleur de sel to taste
- In a pan of boiling water, blanch one bunch of basil for 15 seconds. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the second bunch of basil, the garlic, tomatoes, maple butter, pine nuts and parmesan. Process to a smooth puree.
- Add the blanched basil, and process again while drizzling in olive oil to attain the desired consistency. Season with fleur de sel.
- Serve with fish, in sandwiches or with a pistou soup (a Provencal soup with summer vegetables and white beans).
Makes 250 ml (1 cup)
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!